3Di offers free online meetings
Press Release: 3Di, Inc. LAUNCHES FREE “3Di IMMERSIVE SEMINAR ” PUBLIC BETA SERVICE
3Di, Inc. Opens Online Seminar Service Using Avatars And 3D Virtual Worlds Free For Beta Testers
3Di, Inc., which offers 3D Internet solutions, announces the public beta release of “3Di Immersive Seminar,” a next-generation online seminar service utilizing avatars and 3D virtual worlds. 3Di, Inc. is seeking early participants to gather feedback in order to further increase the quality of its Service.
About 3Di Immersive Seminar
- Presence: high degree of realism and a feeling of presence through avatars
- Universal: participation is possible from all over the globe with a regular PC and Internet connection; no special equipment is necessary
- Immersive: compared to traditional seminars, immersive communication features make it easy to host interactive events and reach an audience more effectively
- Environment-friendly: no travel means no unnecessary CO2 emission and no unnecessary travel costs
- Safe: effective as a pandemic measure against new influenza A epidemics
The following companies have already signed up for the Public Beta Program: Jobweb, Inc. , Shanon, Inc. , TepcoSystems Corporation.
The Service utilizes the 3D virtual world server 3Di OpenSim and the virtual world viewer 3Di OpenViewer to display the 3D virtual world using a regular web-browser. For interactive communication within the virtual space, VoIP (IP Telephony) technology is used that was developed in cooperation with Softfront, with which 3Di, Inc. announced a business partnership last July.
3Di, Inc. intends to use the feedback from Public Beta participant seminar organizers and seminar participants to further improve the quality and feature-set of the Service. 3Di, Inc. will announce the official release of “3Di Immersive Seminar” after the public beta period ends.
3Di Immersive Seminar (Japanese only) http://seminar.3di.biz
Company Name: 3Di, Inc.
Representative Director and CEO: Satoshi Koike
Major Shareholders: ngi group, inc. (60%), NTT Investment Partners Fund, L.P. (40%)
Website : http://3di.jp/en/