Press Release: 3Di, Inc.â€™s 3D Virtual World Technology Powers Language Learning Service Offered by NTT Learning Systems and ALC Press
“Virtual English Conversation Class” Service Opens, Enabling Avatar-Based Learning in 3D Virtual World
3Di, Inc. , which develops and offers 3D Internet solutions, announces the deployment of its 3Di OpenSim and 3Di OpenViewer 3D virtual world technologies as part of the â€œVirtual English Conversation Class,” a new style of English conversation education that leverages the Internet and is being offered through ALC Press, Inc.Â and NTT Learning Systems Corporation.
The deployed 3Di OpenSim and 3Di OpenViewer provide, respectively, server technology for 3D virtual world construction and client technology for web-browser-based viewing and manipulation of virtual worlds.
Practical applications of 3D virtual worlds and avatars in the Virtual English Conversation Class
- Role playing using virtual scenes
- Comfort of joining virtual lectures without concern for physical appearance or make-up
- Ease of speaking in a no-stress group lesson
Through the use of avatars – the on-screen personified characters that represent the participants – role playing lessons can take place in diverse scene settings and offer a sense of presence.
Since virtual class attendance is done through avatars, the participants need not concern themselves about their physical appearance or figure. It is possible to participate in a relaxed manner from the comfort of oneâ€™s own home.
Use of an avatar reduces the sense of nervousness when speaking a foreign language, and fosters an environment that makes it easy to concentrate on language study.
Virtual English Conversation ClassWeb site:ã€€http://v-english.jp
- Major companies to discuss metaverse plans at December conference - August 22, 2023
- OpenSim Community Conference starts today - December 11, 2021
- Ninth Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference set for December - October 18, 2021