If you live in Houston, Los Angeles, or Washington DC, check out the Oculus Rift experience for the upcoming movie “Interstellar” by director Christopher Nolan.
The virtual tour, which began in New York City this week, takes you on a three-minute trip through the spaceship “Endurance” featured in the movie.
“The visuals are so good you actually feel like you’re bouncing through a spaceship,” wrote Gizmodo’s Leslie Horn in a review on Monday.
“I had the chance to test drive the virtual reality experience first-hand, and to call it immersive is an understatement,” wrote Space.com managing editorÂ Tariq Malik in an article. “From spectacular views of Saturn and stars in the windows to the Endurance interior itself, the amount of attention to detail is incredible. A shift from a spin-induced gravity to ‘weightlessness,’ in particular, was as surprising as it was amazing.”
“I was impressed with how the experience is able to put you in the cockpit of ‘Interstellar’s’ spaceship, the Endurance,” Nolan himself said in a statement. “It was just like being back on set.”
The three-minute length of the experience is not only a nice duration for a quick promotional preview, but will also help get the public acclimated to being inside virtual reality a little bit at a time.
Here are the dates for the upcoming events:
- Houston: Oct. 17-19,Â AMC Gulf Pointe 30;
- Los Angeles:Â Oct. 25-27, AMC City Walk;
- Chantilly, Virginia:Â Nov. 5-19, Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center
Watch a trailer for “Interstellar” below.
- Eleventh Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference set for December - October 5, 2023
- NFT crash wipes out nearly all collections, and the metaverse won’t save them - September 23, 2023
- Army orders more AR goggles post-pukegate - September 16, 2023