No, we do not charge to run the articles.
No, you can’t include spammy links in the article or your bio. However, we are happy to include links relevant or useful to our readers in the body of the article, Plus, in your bio, you can link to the company where you work, your portfolio site, or your author page.
In the subject line of the pitch email, please put one the following:
- STORY PITCH: Expert opinion column about VR (or AR, XR, AI, or OpenSim)
- STORY PITCH: Freelance journalist article about VR (or AR, XR, AI, or OpenSim)
- STORY PITCH: Beginning writer article about VR (or AR, XR, AI, or OpenSim)
In the body of the email, please include a short bio with links to your LinkedIn page, portfolio website, or previously published articles on VR, AR, XR, AI, or OpenSim.
Then please include some story ideas, with an explanation of what expertise you bring to the topic or original research you plan to do.
Here is an example of a contributed article about AI: Watson On Jeopardy: One small step for AI
Here is an example of a contributed article about VR: What to expect from VR in 2020
Here is an example of a contributed article about OpenSim: My favorite shopping places on the hypergrid
Story submissions requirements:
- The story should be in plain text, RTF or Word format — if the text is in the body of the email, that’s fine.
- Include relevant links or hypergrid addresses
- Include photographs or art, including headshots of people quoted, and at least one horizontally-oriented image. All art must have proper permissions or licenses.
- Stories should be between 500 and 800 words in length. We do occasionally run longer stories, but check first.
- Include the author’s name, bio, headshot and contact email address.