Press Release: Teleplace to Showcase Immersive Government Collaboration and Training Deployments at I/ITSEC 2010 Conference
Attendees Will Learn How Air Force, Army, Navy, vGov Use Teleplace for Virtual Enterprise-Class Training Environments
ORLANDO, Fla.–Teleplace, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise-class immersive collaboration and learning solutions, today announced it is exhibiting at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference this week. The company will be showcasing how vGov and the Air Force, Army and Navy have deployed Teleplace for work on goals and missions, and for distributed training and learning exercises.
“In the future, most enterprise-class training applications will be built in 3D immersive environments where users can interact with training materials, data, social media and each other in real time,” said Anthony Nemelka, president and CEO of Teleplace. “We look forward to showing I/ITSEC attendees how government agencies are realizing the benefits of Teleplace immersive learning solutions for training globally distributed personnel.”
Government agencies are using Teleplace for distributed training and learning, including information-centric simulations and virtual instructor-led classrooms.
- The Air Force’s Air Education Training Command, as part of its MyBase project, used Teleplace for virtual instructor-led classroom training of enlisted personnel to save time and reduce costs by eliminating the need for trainees or instructors to travel to physical training facilities.
- The Army TRADOC provides a complete virtual environment for teaching about specific incidents by using Teleplace to hold pre- and post-simulation virtual classroom briefings in conjunction with incident simulation exercises it had already built in Active Worlds.
- The Navy uses Teleplace to create virtual mock ups of submarine command centers and perform individual and collective training to teach crews how to operate systems and equipment, and execute missions as a team.
- vGov, the federal government virtual world program that includes partners from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Air Force, Department of Homeland Security, National Defense University and U.S. Department of State, is using Teleplace to provide secure and trusted immersive virtual environments for federal agencies and military organizations.
For more information about Teleplace, visit www.teleplace.com.
I/ITSEC promotes cooperation among the Armed Services, Industry, Academia, and various Government agencies in pursuit of improved training and education programs, identification of common training issues, and development of multiservice programs. The conference began in 1966 and is the world’s largest modeling, simulation, and training conference.
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Registration opens for virtual learning colloquium - November 26, 2018
- Massive growth in the number of VR producers - November 1, 2018
- Santorini art festival offers free ebook - October 23, 2018