A new social virtual world is coming, and it’s called CEEK.
Not much information is available yet, other than this press release.
Here’s what we know so far:
- EON Reality, best known for the EON Icube and similar holodeck-style systems, is providing the technical infrastructure, and Next Galaxy Corp., which makes consumer-oriented virtual reality experiences, is building the content.
- Next Galaxy’s CEO and COO are both women. Excellent. We need more women running virtual reality companies.
- It will work with the Oculus Rift, Sony’s Project Morpheus, and the ZEISS Cinemizer.
There’s no word yet about whether this platform will support user created content or offer any in-world building tools. It seems to be going after the virtual events space, like RiftMax, rather than being a competitor to Second Life or Second Life v.2.
Check out her author page on Amazon or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Her first virtual world novella, Krim Times, made the Amazon best-seller list in its category. Her second novella, The Lost King of Krim, is out now.
Latest posts by Maria Korolov (see all)
- 17 Halloween parties on the hypergrid! - October 30, 2019
- Craft World rocks in this year’s OpenSim grid survey - October 29, 2019
- New OpenSim release has new script engine, animated mesh - October 29, 2019