A new social virtual world is coming, and it’s called CEEK.
Not much information is available yet, other than this press release.
Here’sÂ what we know so far:
- EON Reality, best known for the EON Icube and similar holodeck-style systems, is providing the technical infrastructure, and Next Galaxy Corp., whichÂ makes consumer-oriented virtual reality experiences, is building the content.
- Next Galaxy’s CEO and COO are both women. Excellent. We need more women running virtual reality companies.
- It will work with the Oculus Rift, Sony’s Project Morpheus, and the ZEISS Cinemizer.
There’s no word yet about whether thisÂ platform will support user created content or offer any in-world building tools. It seems to be going after the virtual events space, like RiftMax, rather than being a competitor to Second Life or Second Life v.2.
- Wyldwood Bayou, Littlefield get perfect scores in 13th annual OpenSim grid survey - November 12, 2022
- OpenSim prices drop to lowest average ever, under $13 per month - October 16, 2022
- Tenth Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference set for December - September 22, 2022