The new CEO taking over the Zetamex OpenSim hosting company is named Richard Lehman, and prices will only be raised slightly, he said today.
In addition, he pledged that 10 percent of the region rental income will go to OSgrid and Metropolis, to support their operations.
Zetamex currently offers customers the ability to connect their Zetamex regions and simulators to those two grids, as well as Zetamex’ own ZetaWorlds.
“We want to support them because they are non-profit and this will be a steady donation they will get every month,” Lehman in a letter to customersÂ this morning.
Lehman also released the new price list.
“Zetamex is not raising the prices that high and we will still be the lowest price hosting company around,” he told Hypergrid Business.
Single region plans
- 7,500 prims and up to 10 avatars: increasing from $3 to $5 a month
- 15,000 prims and 20 avatars: increasing from $5 to $7.50 a month
- 45,000 prims and 40 avatars: increasing from $7.50 to $15 a month
- 20,000 prims,Â up to four regions, up to 40 simultaneous visitors: increasing from $15 to $20 a month
- 60,000 prims,Â up to 16 regions, up to 80 visitors: increasing from $35 to $40
- 120,000 prims, up to 16 regions, and 100 visitors: increasing from $70 to $75
- unlimited prims, one region, up to 100 visitors: increasing from $30 to $35
In addition, the cost for central grid services is increasing from $25 to $30 a month.
- Second Life offers preview of its new mobile viewer - March 16, 2023
- OpenAI head calls for slow, careful release of AI — after releasing ChatGPT with no warning - March 6, 2023
- Avalon raises $13m to build metaverse of interoperable worlds - March 6, 2023