Some OpenSim users have complained that closed grids — especially InWorlds, the largest closed grid of them all — do not contribute enough back to the community.
(Though that, in and of itself, is a valuable service.)
In particular, over the past 12 months alone the grid has:
- reported bugs and donated bug fixes
- donated code that allows OpenSim to manage extremely large inventories by using the Cassandra “big data” platform
- made a $500 donation to help OSgrid recover and offered them a free and reliable asset database solution
- helped the military’s MOSES grid bring the PhysX physics engine to OpenSim
“We have actively worked in the background trying to help the entire metaverse in many different ways,” Daeschler wrote today. The full post is here and is entirely worth reading.
Check out her author page on Amazon or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Her first virtual world novella, Krim Times, made the Amazon best-seller list in its category. Her second novella, The Lost King of Krim, is out now.
Latest posts by Maria Korolov (see all)
- 17 Halloween parties on the hypergrid! - October 30, 2019
- Craft World rocks in this year’s OpenSim grid survey - October 29, 2019
- New OpenSim release has new script engine, animated mesh - October 29, 2019