Virtual reality is a fast-changing field, and is about to explode.
Stay on top of the news by subscribing to the top blogs on the subject. The page authority numbers are from Open Site Explorer and are estimates of how the site does in search results — the higher the number, the better. The Alexa and SimilarWeb numbers are traffic rankings, with the lower the number, the better.
Founded in 2011, Road to VR bills itself as the world’s largest independent news publication dedicated to the consumer virtual reality industry. Send story ideas and press releases to [email protected]. The editor is Ben Lang, who’s been covering technology since 2008.
Their page authority is 62, Alexa rank is 50,800, SimilarWeb rank is 58,474, and they’re indexed by Google News.
That’s us! We cover virtual reality, in particular focusing on non-gaming and non-social applications, but occasionally we’ll write about games and social stuff, too. And we cover OpenSim and other virtual world platforms, and in particular the intersection between virtual reality and virtual worlds. We’ve been around since 2008, so we’re the oldest publication in the space. Send story ideas and press releases and guest columns to [email protected]. And we’re always looking for writers, and are happy to train.
Our page authority is 62, Alexa rank is 211,348, SimilarWeb rank is 393,713, and we’re indexed by Google News.
UK-based VR Focus launched in Febru is edited by Kevin Joyce, who has more than eleven years experience within videogames media. Submit pitches and press releases to [email protected].
Their page authority is 55, Alexa rank is 106,408, SimilarWeb rank is 104,312, and they’re indexed by Google News.
Launched in October 2014, Upload publishes a couple of stories a day. It’s edited by Will Mason. Send story ideas and press releases to [email protected]. They cover hardware, development platforms, software, and do app reviews.
Their page authority is 47, Alexa rank is 149,144, SimilarWeb rank is 116,180, and they are not in Google News.
A German-language blog covering virtual reality hardware, software, applications, and other news. Use this contact page to suggest story ideas, send press releases, or to find out about becoming a writer.
Their page authority is 45, Alexa rank is 559,715, SimilarWeb rank is 934,144, and they are not in Google News.
This publication was launched in early 2014, and publishes a handful of stories a week. It’s edited by David Whelan, who’s also the founder of the Virtual Reality Awards and the guy behind the Apollo 11 Experience. Send story pitches and press releases to [email protected]. They’re also looking for writers.
Their page authority is 43, Alexa rank is 687,908, SimilarWeb rank is 869,764, and they are not in Google News.
General tech publications with virtual reality sections
The following publications have sections, tags or RSS feeds for virtual reality news, even though they cover more than just virtual reality:
- Virtual Reality on Mashable: Handful of stories a month, no VR-specific RSS feed.
- Virtual Reality on Gizmodo: A few stories a month, no VR-specific RSS feed.
- Gaming on Digital Trends: Covers the gaming size of virtual reality, has a dedicated RSS feed.
- Virtual Reality on AnandTech: A couple of stories a month, no VR-specific RSS feed.
- Virtual Reality on SlashGear: A handful of stories a month, no VR-specific RSS feed.
- Virtual Reality on The Verge: Several stories a month, no VR-specific RSS feed.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality on Gamasutra: A handful of stories a week, and a great jobs section, but no VR-specific RSS feed.
Are there any virtual reality-specific publications that publish regular news that we’re missing? Let me know in the comments!
- Wildwood Bayou shines in twelfth annual OpenSim Grid survey - October 20, 2021
- With lack ofGloebit support, grids try to fix payment problem on their own - October 11, 2021
- Gloebit confirms payment issues, multiple grids affected - October 4, 2021