The number of OpenSim-related communities on Google Plus is growing, in part due to simple subscription options, easy calendar updates, and Google allowing pseudonymous accounts.
Altogether, there are 20 new communities on our list. The five biggest, that are specifically focused on OpenSim are OpenSim, OpenSim Everything, OpenSim Standalone, Collaborative Hypergrid, and Hypergrid Welcome Center.
The other new communities on our list: Cookie II, Greekifour virtual world, HYPEvents, iPelago, Mac Users in OpenSim and SecondLife, Mental Design, Neon Evolution,Opensim Misfits, Radioactive Grid, Utherworldz Community, VIRTLANTIS, Virtual Photography, Virtual Scuba in Virtual Worlds, Virtual Worlds Teacher Network, and ZetaWorlds.
The biggest growing OpenSim-specific community this month, as it has been for this whole past year, is The Adult Metaverse, which gained 157 new members since the end of September, for a new total of 1,158 members.
OpenSim Virtual, the largest OpenSim-specific community, gained 55 new members for a new total of 1,623 members.
This month’s 15 largest communities:
- Second Life and other Virtual Worlds: 1,952 members
- OpenSim Virtual: 1,623 members
- The Adult Metaverse: 1,158 members
- Virtual Identity: 760 members
- OSgrid.org: 703 members
- Kitely Virtual: 555 members
- Arts in Virtual Worlds: 451 members
- Metaverse Week in Review: 414 members
- Virtual Pedagogy: 384 members
- Content creators of the virtual worlds: 318 members
- Hypergrid Safari: 315 members
- Metropolis Metaversum: 301 members
- Hypergrid Events: 295 members
- Hypergrid Destinations: 288 members
- OpenSim Destinations: 278 members
Check out her author page on Amazon or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Her first virtual world novella, Krim Times, made the Amazon best-seller list in its category. Her second novella, The Lost King of Krim, is out now.
Latest posts by Maria Korolov (see all)
- 17 Halloween parties on the hypergrid! - October 30, 2019
- Craft World rocks in this year’s OpenSim grid survey - October 29, 2019
- New OpenSim release has new script engine, animated mesh - October 29, 2019