Since last December, grids lost the equivalent of 8,276 standard-sized regions, going from 81,326 regions to 73,050.
And the total number of actives fell by 2,019, from 37,745 to 35,726.
However, some individual grids did well this year.
The following grids had the most active users this past year:
- OSgrid: 4,393 average active monthly users
- Metropolis: 1,945
- DigiWorldz: 1,806
- Tag Grid: 1,737
- ZetaWorlds: 1,417
- Virtualife: 1,339
- Foundation Grid: 1,177
- Kitely: 1091
- Eureka World: 909
- Party Destination Grid: 807
The list only includes grids that published their statistics.
The following grids gained the most active users from December 2018 to December 2019:
- Tag Grid: 1,693 more active users
- VartownGrid: 756
- OSgrid: 541
- Kitely: 207
- Free Life: 199
- Virtual Life Brasil: 160
- Encore Escape: 113
- Party Destination Grid: 108
The following grids gained the most regions:
- OSgrid: 946 more regions
- Tag Grid: 466
- Kitely: 103
- Neverworld: 92
- Forgotten Realities: 36
- VartownGrid: 32
Kitely and OSgrid were the most valuable OpenSim grids this past year since they registered the most new users.
The two grids are popular initial stopping points for newcomers to OpenSim.
Kitely registered 7,140 new users in 2019, while OSgrid registered 6,106.
- How to write a guest post for us - July 13, 2021
- Interested in getting voice, new viewers for OpenSim? Take this survey - July 1, 2021
- Free Vivox still available — for now — needs new plugin - June 9, 2021