I love Google Analytics and use it to track visitors to my Websites — and where they come from and how they leave.
It would be great to have this same information for my grid.
This could be a gadget that I place on each region I need crawled, possibly through the use of a content management system, or a module that I install on my OpenSim server.
The analytics application would record:
- The names of every avatar who visited my region
- Where the avatars came from, or if they logged in directly
- How long they stayed
- Where they went to afterwards
I would be able to use this information to monitor traffic flow, event attendance, even when employees show up for work.
I would even be willing to share some of this information with the folks who provide this service. I’d prefer that they kept the avatar names private, but I don’t mind them knowing where people came from and where they went.
As a result, the company providing the service would be able to start constructing a useful search engine for the OpenSim-compatible worlds, with true Google-style popularity rankings of destinations.
Check out her author page on Amazon or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Her first virtual world novella, Krim Times, made the Amazon best-seller list in its category. Her second novella, The Lost King of Krim, is out now.
Latest posts by Maria Korolov (see all)
- OpenSim sentiment survey - December 8, 2019
- Discovery’s Winter Market Opens Saturday - December 5, 2019
- HyperGrid Zone features artists, Christmas destinations - December 1, 2019