Press release: Sphericam campaignÂ reaches $50,000 in just one day
PRAGUEÂ — Sphericam, the first 360 degree video camera made specifically for virtual reality film production, launched on Kickstarter today, June 30, with a funding goal of $150K. As huge companies like Oculus Rift and Samsung work furiously to create the best virtual reality viewing platform, Sphericam 2 has been created to fill a growing market void of actually creating that virtual reality content.
Sphericam 2 is changing the game for virtual reality content creation in several ways:”Sphericam 2 is poised to bring incredible cinematic content to Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, and the VR world. Our camera has been designed to be the highest performing and most usable virtual reality camera on the market today,” Sphericam creator, Jeffrey Martin, said. “Every specification from frame rate to sensor type was chosen very carefully to maximize performance on today’s VR hardware.”
- Dazzling crystalline design housed in a rugged anodised aluminium body
- Six high-resolution lenses maintain constant exposure, WB settings for artifact-free 360Â°shooting
- Jaw-dropping 4K resolution that leaves nothing to the imagination
- Unmatched shooting flexibility with 24, 25, 30, 48, and 60 fps
- Detail-devouring 2.4 Gigabits per second of raw capture gives incredible latitude for post production and color grading
- Tiny distance between sensors minimizes parallax
- Automatic, real-time stitching is possible to minimize post production times
Sphericam 2 comes with a host of mounting options, giving the user a multitude of ways to hold the camera and capture footage. The camera also includes WiFi and wireless streaming, allowing users to view and share content on a smartphone or desktop in a breeze. Sphericam 2’s iOS and Android app also allows users to monitor, transfer, view, edit and spread the virtual reality footage instantly.
Sphericam 2 is perfect for recording stunning footage of adventure sports, events like weddings or birthdays, journalism stories and more. It can now be purchased via Kickstarter beginning at $1,299, which is $200 off of the final retail price. To learn more about Sphericam 2, visit the live campaign page at http://bit.ly/SphericamKS.
- Major companies to discuss metaverse plans at December conference - August 22, 2023
- OpenSim Community Conference starts today - December 11, 2021
- Ninth Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference set for December - October 18, 2021