Press release: Second Places becomes Bronze Reseller of Unity Technologies
Cheshire, UK –Â Second Places, a leader in development of virtual worlds, today announced that during Unite 11 in San Francisco, the company was named a Bronze Level Reseller.
â€œThis allows us to sell our virtual world platform Unifier packaged with Unity Pro for the same price as if you were buying Unity Pro,â€ said Mark Duffy, managing director of Second Places. â€œIn fact, to celebrate this announcement keep an eye on our web siteÂ for discounts in Unity, Unifier and other packages. We know you donâ€™t need Unity Pro to have your own world in Unifier but it does allow so much more in the creation process.â€
As one of only three resellers in the UK and the only one to specialize in virtual worlds, this shows the commitment Second Places has to the Unity Engine and its use in virtual worlds, Duffy said.
â€œWe launched the beta of Unifier just over two months ago, during this time the feedback has been amazing,â€ said Second Places Chief Technical Officer Olli Aro. â€œ We are still adding features to Unifier before launch from the advice we received.”
These features include the following:
- Unifier Universe â€“ Where your own world can join other worlds through trust and allow avatars and users to transport between them without new logins. Creating a conduit between like-minded worlds, thus creating different galaxies of worlds generating a universe of Unifier worlds.
- Unifier Currency (the UNIT) â€“ Creating a central bank function for all our worlds, allowing the purchase of currency and the cashing out to real world currencies and the creation of a UNIT marketplace allowing anyone to create objects in Unifier or third party applications and sell to other users for UNITâ€™s.
- Integration of Evolver avatar creator into our platform
- Better GUI and easier user control
â€œWe have also been able, thanks to the wonderful developers at Unity Technologies, to test a Unifier world being compile to Flash,” Aro added. “Although Flash is not ready for release from Unity Technologies — we hope very soon — we are delighted to state that Unifier can be compiled as a Flash player and therefore we have already changed the Unifier platform to allow world owners the ability to upload Flash.â€
â€œWith the award of Bronze Reseller, the on-going development of Unifier and the ability to package Unifier and Unity together for one price and many more of our public and private worlds coming online in the next couple of months, Unifier and Second Places are moving from strength to strength,â€ said Duffy.
About Second Places
Second Places has over five years of virtual world experience. The company has hosted many well-known virtual world events such as the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic and comedian Jimmy Carr. Customers include BP, Dominoâ€™s Pizza and the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. More information can be found at http://www.secondplaces.net.
Unity Technologies has more than 650,000 registered users worldwide — including Bigpoint, Cartoon Network, Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Nickelodeon, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., large and small studios, indies, students and hobbyists — all using Unity to create games and interactive 3D, like training simulations and medical and architectural visualizations, on the web, mobile, consoles and beyond. Unity Technologies is aggressively innovating to expand usability, power and platform reach along with its Asset Store digital content marketplace and Union game distribution service so that it can deliver on its vision of democratizing interactive 3D technology. Unity Technologies is headquartered in San Francisco and has development offices worldwide. For more information, visitÂ http://unity3d.com.
- OpenSim Community Conference starts today - December 11, 2021
- Ninth Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference set for December - October 18, 2021
- 3rd Rock’s Nuna gallery hosts sonic art exhibit - June 11, 2020